Women’s Basic & Intermediate Handgun
This class is for women who (a) have never shot before, (b) have limited experience and want to improve, or (c) just want to ‘get back to basics’ with like-minded women.
This class involves about 6 hours of in-classroom training and 4 hours of live-fire range training.
A brief look at
What You’ll Learn
Safety & Training Goals
Functions and Operation of a Modern Pistol
Proper Shooting Fundamentals
What the class will be like…
The classroom learning for this class is in a classroom (as opposed to online eLearning). he location .
This non-shooting portion of the class is a total of approximately 6 classroom-based learning hours. Check the individual class to confirm the schedule.
Because this is a live-fire course, safety considerations require a class size of not greater than 10 students. Classes may be rescheduled if there is insufficient registration.
There are no mandatory prerequisites.
This class is ideal for first-time shooters.
What To Bring To The Class
When you come to the class, you will need:
- Note-taking material
- A curious and open mind
- No ammunition whatsoever (all classes have a strict “no ammo” policy to avoid accidents)
- A water bottle or other refreshments suitable for the class duration. Refreshments may be provided for some classes – check the individual class.
Most commonly we will be shooting at Logan’s Ferry Sportsman Club, located here in New Kensington, PA. This is an outdoor range with bathroom facilities and a covered shelter. Footing is fine gravel.
Occasionally the range day will be held elsewhere. The specific registration page for each class will indicate the location of the range as well as the classroom (if applicable).
Because Pittsburgh weather is so unpredictable, we shoot rain or shine.
What To Bring To The Range
When you come to the range, you will need:
- Protective eyewear
- Protective earwear
- A freshly cleaned, fully-functioning pistol
- A holster designed for your particular pistol which fully covers the trigger and trigger guard
- 200 rounds of quality ammunition suitable for your pistol. We strongly recommend less expensive but reputable full metal jacket (FMJ) ammo.
- Footwear suitable for the terrain (no open-toed shoes)
- Snacks/food sufficient for the duration on the range based upon your personal needs
- Note-taking material
- A attitude consistent with a student who is willing to be an attentive, diligent and safe learner
What You Will Receive
All participants will receive first rate instruction, a well-researched and well-written, full-color text for this class. Successful participants will also receive a certificate from the USCCA signed by that organization as well as your instructor.
The normal fee for this class is $150.00. This includes the text, classroom instruction, live-fire range training and certification from Davis & Company: Firearms and Personal Defense Training as well as the USCCA. Please check the individual class page before registering to see if there are modification for the specific class.
Click here to register for Women's Basic & Intermediate Handgun
If we have a class that’s currently scheduled, you can register right away. If not, click the “Put me the The List!” button to send us an e-mail about your interest in DSF-L1.